A Christmas Guide
Who's started their Christmas shopping? I have, just, and I am so glad I planned it all out this year. To be honest, I don't have many people to buy for. My husband and I don't get each other gifts. We take ourselves to a nice dinner or plan a day out in London instead. We figured spending time together is better than buying each other material things. We mainly have to think of gift ideas for our daughter Edith, my niece and nephew, my brother-in-law and his partner and our parents. I do buy small gifts for my girlfriends. This year I am sending them all their Christmas gifts after the New Year so they have something special to bright up their dull January.
I've put together a beautiful selection of gifts that I would personally love to receive or give to a friend or family member. I try very hard to shop with a small business so I can support them while also giving a very unique gift. I feel it's so important to give a gift with meaning or that is special. I don't believe in buying a gift for the sake of it. You've got to put some thought into it.
Here are some great gift ideas for you.
1. Makeda Matheson - Intarsia V Sweater Pink Berry - This jumper is just gorgeous. I instantly fell in love with the colours when I came across it on Studio B Fashion's website. Made of Mongolian Cashmere, this jumper would last a lifetime. Why give gifts that last forever??!!!!
2. Andrew J. Miller - Pink Light - I am such a huge fan of artist Andrew J. Miller. London based Andrew uses instant film to achieve effects by manipulating the emulsion during the developing process, separating the image emulsion from the film base, double exposing the film, overlaying the transparencies or by varying the temperature and the developing time. This process adds mood to all his images. They are truly stunning pieces of art.
3. Chase and Wonder - Who doesn't love a great wash bag? I definitely do and I absolutely love this Chase and Wonder Lady in a Mask Wash Bag. I think I may buy this for myself.
4. Hoxton Mini Press - Have you checked out Hoxton Mini Press yet? They have the loveliest books, mainly London themed and they are the perfect coffee table book. They are the perfect gift!
5. Sophie Ward x Lollipop - Oh my God, I cannot tell you how much I love the recent collaboration between artist Sophie Ward and interiors shop Lollipop. Sophie has created limited edition zodiac sign silk scarfs and prints. They are seriously gorgeous!!!! This is definitely on my birthday wishlist!!!! Head over and have a look.
6. The Small Home - Sheepskin slippers are the perfect gift for this time of year. I fell in love with The Small Home's slippers. They are handcrafted and embroidered and are just so beautiful. Great price point too!
7. Roads - I understand perfume is very personal and has to be tested before bought, but I highly recommend heading out to Liberty's and trying Roads selection of stunning perfumes. I am obsessed with I Am Dance. To me, it's the perfect fragrance.
8. Konoc - For a smaller more personalised gift, I highly recommended heading over to Kong's website and ordering all your friends personalised leather keyrings. They are handmade by owner Sally and her husband. They are just beautiful. The perfect gift without breaking the bank.
9. Krait London - I'm a sucker for a great coat/dress. The Teal Flora Coat is beautifully made by artisans in India. All fair-trade by Krait London. Check out Alice's collection. Her wrap dresses are so beautiful and very very comfortable. I can't wait to get my hands on this coat and a pair of her trousers. They are very cool!!!!!
I hope my Christmas guide has introduced you to some new designers and given you some gift inspiration.